Makes 10 tacos
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinning sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 (4 oz) can of green chilies
- 1 recipe of Taco Seasoning (above)
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2 C Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
- 18-20 small white corn tortillas
In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat. Drain any excess liquid.
Return to stove. Add chilies, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce. Mix well.
Turn heat to simmer while preparing the taco shells.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lay out 10 tortillas on a flat surface. [My tortillas kept breaking apart, so I did two layers of tortillas for each taco.]
Spread a spoonful of refried beans on each tortilla
Layer with Taco Meat.
Fold tacos, then place in a 9x13 dish.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crispy.
Remove from the oven and serve with desired toppings.
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, diced
- sour cream