- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 (16 oz.) package elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (8 oz.) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 C (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in tomatoes and green chiles and prepared cheese product; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Stir in chicken, next 4 ingredients, and hot cooked pasta until blended.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9 x13 baking dish.
Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.