- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 C fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 C whole milk
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 C heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
Cook the bacon, onion, and potatoes; set aside.
In a blender, blend 1 cup of corn and 1 cup of milk for about 1 minute; set aside.
In a large pot, combine chicken broth, corn mixture, remaining milk, remaining corn, pepper, salt, green chilies, bacon, onions, and potatoes. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until everything is heated through and soup begins to bubble.
Turn the heat down to low, add the heavy cream, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until soup thickens.
Serve with more salt and pepper if desired, and shredded cheddar cheese.