Untitled-3

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cream of Broccoli Soup

My all time favorite soup and sandwich place Panera is always being greatly missed. When I go home its on the top of my list of restaurants to go to. I am a sucker for their Broccoli Cheddar Soup in a Sourdough bread bowl.

My sweetheart loves to find me new recipes and I love when he does, especially this one.

*Serves 8 to 10

1 quart water
6–8 chicken bullion cubes
2 bay leaves
1-2 bunches of broccoli
1 ½ cubes butter 
1 C flour
1 quart half and half 
½ lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed

Wash and cut up broccoli and put in pot filled with water. Put in bay leaves and bullion cubes and cook for about 20 minutes or until broccoli is just tender. 

While broccoli is cooking, melt butter in large bowl. Add flour and half and half very slowly, mixing with a whisk. Stir until it starts to thicken, then slowly add into the broccoli mixture. 

Stir and cook until soup thickens, then add Velveeta cheese. Continue to stir until thick and smooth.

No comments: