Untitled-3

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Magic Cookie Bars

These bars are my absolute weakness! I didn't think I even liked coconut until my cousin Tiffany threw me a Bridal Shower and served these bad boys. I was instantly hooked!
When I make them I have to half the recipe because if I do make a whole 9x13 pan of them, I will eat all of it. They are even more heavenly to eat fresh or nuked then served with vanilla ice cream.


1/3 C of butter, melted
1 1/3 C graham crackers, crumbled very fine
1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 6 oz. package of chocolate chips
2 C flaked coconut
1 C nuts, chopped


Preheat oven to 325. In 13 x 9 pan, melt the butter. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top of the butter. Mix it together to make the crust. Press it on the bottom of the dish. Butter the sides of the dish before adding the other ingredients.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crust. Layer the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Sprinkle coconut evenly over the top of the chocolate chips. Layer the nuts evenly over the coconut. Press this all down gently.
Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. You will want the coconut to be a little golden brown. Cool thoroughly before cutting. Store at room temperature.

No comments: